At WNW Hospitality, we let our associates take control of their own success because we believe that an empowered team is a happy team. And happy teams make for happy guests. Whether it’s the corporate traveler in town on weekly business or the young family on vacation, our guests keep coming back to our hotels because they know they’ll get a clean room and friendly service.
WNW Hospitality offers competitive wages, safe work environments, and a company culture that respects every hard-working associate that makes our hotels great. During the covid-19 pandemic, we’ve invested heavily in keeping our associates safe. This means requiring masks, enforcing social distancing, using CDC-approved disinfectants, and other day-to-day changes to make sure everyone goes home as healthy as when they arrived.
The hotel industry operates 24/7 and different positions have different needs for scheduling. In general, availability on weekends and holidays is required. Read on for a formal job description. Apply today. We’d love to hear from you!
General Manager job description
Reports to: WNW Hospitality Management.
Objective: To serve the interests of the guests, the associates and owners, thus insuring the
success and profitability of the hotel.
- Responsibilities include all day-to-day operations of the hotel and to insure the satisfaction of our guests. Guest Satisfaction levels will be determined by overall satisfaction ratings monthly. Answer guest complaints per brand standards. Oversee all hotel operations, including front desk, sales, and marketing, accounting, human resources, revenue management, housekeeping, maintenance, safety & security. All properties must be in good standing with the brands for QA and Guest Satisfactions levels.
- Oversee the Food and Beverage operation to ensure all Food safety and local Health codes are being followed.
- Responsible for the overall profitability of the Food and Beverage operation including banquets.
- Assist Owner and WNW Management with renovations as requested. Send weekly renovation update when applicable.
- Create a courteous, honest, friendly, and professional work environment.
- Responsible for hiring, retention, training, associate evaluations, and development of all hotel personnel. Documentation of all associate incidents, counsels, written warnings, and/or commendations.
- Forecast and oversee all revenues and expenses. Ensure that the budget is updated before the beginning of the following month and approved by WNW. Review night audits and make sure everything is in balance. Ensure that the housekeeping report is accurate and any discrepant rooms are checked. Sign off on any adjustments made. Ensure that chargeback requests are handled in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all bank deposits. There must be a bank deposit for each day that balances with the daily totals required for that day. All GM’s must require that deposits are witnessed and accounted for. Any shortages must be explained and documented.
- Ensure that city ledger billing is done in a timely manner. All collection efforts must be documented on the weekly city ledger. The GM is responsible for to keep all city ledgers current.
- Implement hotel sales & marketing plans. Write annual marketing plans and budget with the assistance of sales managers or other appropriate personnel.
- GM’s are required to make sales calls and lead the hotels sales and marketing effort.
- GM’s must insure that all websites are kept up to date with the most current information. All hotel sales collateral must also look professional and be current.
- Full Service GM’s must insure that all menus are current with pricing that has been cost out properly.
- Monitor all rates quoted by staff and sales people. Enforce group cut off policies of thirty days out.
- Ensure hotel is compliant with brand standards and programs.
- Conduct the training programs to continuously improve customer service and satisfaction. Responsible for mentoring staff for promotions. Write action plans for corrective action and follow up on them. Review guest comments with appropriate departments. Coach associates on how to resolve conflicts. Ensure that all associates are properly dressed and conduct themselves in a professional manner while on company property. Enforce the company ant-harassment polices.
- Must inspect public areas and 10 guestrooms weekly and write a report of corrective action to housekeeping and maintenance.
- Work to ensure housekeepers are cleaning two rooms per hour as per WNW Standards.
- Must monitor all areas for cost control including payroll cost, linens, utilities, etc
- Ensure a proper logbook or automated log book system is in place to maintain high level of communication at the front desk and between departments.
- WNW is known for having properties that are well maintained. Attention to details must be enforced to all staff. Must hold all staff accountable for a high standard of customer service and cleanliness of the property. GM must walk property daily.
- Follow and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all employees are provided with proper job descriptions for the position they were hired for.
- Monitor reservation system inventory and property management inventory. Check all rates and make sure proper rates are loaded in the systems.
- Review monthly profit/loss statement and make corrective action on any areas out of line. A SWOT must be prepared with a written review of the statement with-in five days of receiving the statement.
- Involvement with local community to develop business and employee sourcing.
- Ensure that all travel agent commissions are reviewed, adjusted and paid in timely manner.
- Conduct pricing checks regularly to ensure we are paying agreed upon prices. Work with purchasing to conduct price comparisons from other vendors.
- Meet with housekeeping and maintenance daily for completion of task and review any 000 rooms.
- WNW Management assigns special projects from time to time.
View MoreSours: https://www.salary.com/research/salary/employer/best-western/general-manager-salary
best western hotel Salaries
Top 10 Related Jobs and Salaries
Cost of Living Calculator
Select the city you’d like to investigate and enter your current annual post-tax income. We’ll show you the new target salary as well as a breakdown of the differences. If you’d like to see job recommendations for your new city, enter your target job title as well. Read our FAQ for more information about the calculator.
This tool is provided for informational purposes only.
Thinking about relocating for a new job? Just curious how your salary stacks up against coworkers living in another city? Our cost of living calculator uses an up-to-date database from The Council for Community and Economic Research (C2ER) to help you get a better understanding of what your salary would need to be to maintain your current standard of living in a different metro area.
* Please note that all salary figures are approximations based upon third party submissions to SimplyHired or its affiliates. These figures are given to SimplyHired users for the purpose of generalized comparison only. Minimum wage may differ by jurisdiction and you should consult the employer for actual salary figures.
772 Best Western Employee Salaries
Browse Best Western Salaries by Job Title →
What is the average salary for Best Western employees?
Best Western employees earn $30,000 annually on average, or $14 per hour, which is 75% lower than the national salary average of $66,000 per year. According to our data, the highest paying job at Best Western is a Director of HR at $123,000 annually while the lowest paying job at Best Western is a Housekeeper at $19,000 annually.
Find Best Western Salaries by Job Title
772 Best Western employees have shared their salaries on CareerBliss. Select your job title and find out how much you could make at Best Western.
- Bellingham, WA
- Brookings, OR
- Commerce, CA
- Dallas, TX
- Hempstead, NY
- Louisville, KY
- Matamoras, PA
- Monticello, KY
- Mystic, CT
- Phoenix, AZ
- Portage, IN
- Ruidoso Downs, NM
- Santa Ana, CA
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Tooele, UT
- Tukwila, WA
- Woodbridge, VA
$115KQA Automation Engineer Average Salary at Best Western(1 salaries)
What is the highest paying job at Best Western?
Director of HR is the highest paying job at Best Western at $107,000 annually.
What is the lowest paying job at Best Western?
Guest Services Associate is the lowest paying job at Best Western at $14,000 annually.
How much does a Best Western employee make on an average/hour?
Best Western employees earn $30,000 annually on average, or $14 per hour.
Average Hourly Rate for Best Western International, Inc. Employees
Best Western International, Inc. Reviews
Learning and Development3.0
Night Auditor in Colorado Springs:
Cons: Incompetent management.
Assistant General Manager, Hotel in York:
Pros: I enjoy meeting new people and being able to give them that "wow" factor when staying at our hotel.
Cons: The millions of things I have to do because we are understaffed.
At Best Western International, Inc., they offer welfare benefits to promote employee well-being. Like Best Western International, Inc., a large number of companies in the United States sponsor group health coverage for their …Read more
Health & Insurance Benefits
View more benefits
About Best Western International
Address: Phoenix, Arizona
Industries: Food and Beverage, Travel, Lifestyle, Resorts, Retail, Hospitality, Leisure
Founded on: January 1st, 1946
Number of Employees: 1,001-5,000
"About This Company" data & logos provided by
Years of Experience
This data is based on 216 survey responses.
Avg. Hourly Rate: $9 - $16
Avg. Hourly Rate: $9 - $17
This data is based on 176 survey responses. Learn more about the gender pay gap.
Popular Locations for Best Western International, Inc.
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Livermore, California
- New York, New York
- San Diego, California
- Houston, Texas
- Portage, Indiana
- Portland, Oregon
- Kent, Washington
- Walla Walla, Washington
View more locations
Best Western International, Inc. Job Listings
Companies in the same industry as Best Western International, Inc., ranked by hourly rate.
Compare the work satisfaction, stress and gender at Best Western International, Inc. with similar employers
Salary best western
.Best Western Testimonial
You will also like:
- Storage units estero
- Dillman range hours
- Instagram highlight covers yellow heart
- Kleen car shop
- Sonic rush adventure
- Zillow corolla nc
- Lg g5 oem unlock
- Delta faucet with diverter
- Medicine rack organizer
- Micro mechanic pro apk download