Webinars and Tutorials
What are Live Webinars?
Open Dental Webinars are online Training tutorials led by Open Dental Trainers and open to participants online. Attendees in live webinars can ask questions and give feedback, all while using their own computer or mobile device.
Refer to a getting started checklist for initial setup information that should be entered before participating in a webinar:
Recorded Webinars and Tutorials
These are recordings of trainings, tutorials, and tips recorded by Open Dental trainers. Each topic is organized into its own playlist. Some videos may overlap into multiple playlists. Click a link below to begin the playlist on Youtube.
Introduction and Demo
Meet Open Dental Software's dental practice management solution and view a free demo to learn how to use the basic features of the program.
Learn how to make your practice more efficient and simplify patient communication by setting up features like eReminders, eConfirmations, Integrated Texting, Patient Portal, Web Forms, Web Sched, Mobile Web, and more with eServices from Open Dental.
Learn how to install the trial version of our dental practice management software for free today, no strings attached.
Learn about the conversion process.
Learn how to set up and customize various features in Open Dental like Time Cards, Quick Buttons, Automation, Auto Notes, and many more.
Learn how to update your Open Dental version, as well as CDT Codes.
New Feature Highlights
Learn about new and highlighted features from Open Dental so you can get the most out of your practice management software.
Learn how to set up multiple appointment views, fill your appointment book, set up and manage recall, etc. from the Appointment Module in Open Dental.
Learn how to enter insurance benefit information, understand plan types, customize patient recall, etc. from the Family Module of Open Dental.
Learn how to create claims, enter payments, make income transfers, manage payment plans, etc. from the Account Module in Open Dental.
Treatment Plan Module
Learn how to understand and customize the Treatment Plan Module in Open Dental.
Learn how to enter treatment, enter clinical notes, use the perio chart, etc. from the Chart Module in Open Dental.
Learn how to use features like Billing, Time Cards, Messaging, etc. from the Manage Module in Open Dental.
Learn how to set up your billing defaults, send statements, and apply finance charges to patient accounts.
eRx - Electronic Prescriptions
Learn how to use the DoseSpot and Legacy eRx integrations.
Learn all about setting up insurance plans, updating fee schedules, receiving payments, and more.
Integrated Third Party Services
See what third party programs integrate in Open Dental.
See what Open Dental can do for your Orthodontic practice.
Learn how to set up and manage Recall in Open Dental.
Learn how to set up, manage, and track referrals in your practice with Open Dental Software.
Learn how to run reports in Open Dental like Payments Report, Outstanding Insurance Report, etc.
Learn how to customize and create patient letters, consent forms, medical history forms, etc. and how to use the Kiosk feature in Open Dental.
Learn about setting up and using Task Lists.
Playlists by Job Title:
These webinars will help your staff use the tools in Open Dental to manage responsibilities typical for their position.
Front Desk / Reception
Office Manager / Billing Specialist
FAQs and QuickTips:
Learn the answers to the most frequently asked questions by Open Dental users.
Quickly learn tips and tricks throughout the program in four minutes or less!
ByOpen Dental Bloggeron
Bringing on a new employee can be an exciting yet stressful time for your practice and existing staff. The new team member has a lot to learn about your practice, not the least of which is how you manage things in Open Dental. Training the new employee to handle things properly from the start sets them up for success, and helps prevent costly cleanup down the line.
First things first, you need to set your new employee up in Open Dental and give them the permissions they need to do their job. See the steps to do this here.
Training and Support Resources
We have many resources to help your new employee learn the software!
Customized online training with an Open Dental Trainer.
Training is the best investment your practice can make, and online training is a small investment that can yield tremendous benefits. With our live online training, you can connect your employee (or group of new employees) with a Certified Open Dental Trainer for a one- or two-hour session. We customize the training to focus on the Open Dental knowledge they will need to carry out their specific responsibilities so they get the targeted learning they need. And online training with a Certified Open Dental Trainer gives your staff the chance to ask questions something they arent able to do when watching a video or reading the manual. Give us a call today to get your new employee training scheduled!
Want a trainer to come to you? We can do that too! Learn more about on-site training here.
Please note: Your office must be on support (or have your final conversion scheduled) to schedule training.
We have over videos available at on our YouTube Channel. In the software, go to the Help Menu and select Training Videos. This will take you to our Webinars page with a handy outline to help guide your training.
There are loads of playlists by topic on our channel, and youll love our QuickTip Videos for learning a single process in just a minute or two!
Tap into the ?
Each window in Open Dental has a ? in the upper right corner. Clicking on it will take you straight to that page in our online user manual so you can learn more about that part of the software.
Use the Help Menu in the software.
Help > Online Support
This will open the Contact Page on our website. Call our main number to get help from our friendly support staff (if youd like us to get connected to your computer for support, please call). If you have a quick question about a setting or how to find something, just follow the link on this page to chat with us.
Help > Online Help – Index
Shift+F1 or selecting the option from the Help Menu will take you straight to the search function on our website – enter what you’re looking for, and see matching results from our website and online manual.
If you’re not on the most recent version, choose your version from the drop-down menu. Not sure what version you’re on? Find this in Help> Update and Help > About.
Track Training with Certifications
In Versions and greater, there is a new Certifications Tool in Open Dental (go to Tools > Certifications).
This tool helps you monitor employee training needs, and progress toward proficiency.
Use the Setup button in the upper left to set up certifications. More info on setup can be found in our online manual.
Certifications for all your employees can be managed from this one location. Filter to Show Only Incomplete, then select an employee or multiple employees (click/drag or Ctrl+click to select the employees) see whats left to be completed.
You can set up custom certification categories for different job titles or roles in your office, set up the certifications in the order they need to be completed, and link your certifications to Open Dental Wiki pages. This is especially useful if you are using the wiki to document interoffice protocols or procedures that your new team members will need to know, or you have wiki pages with links to external resources (like training videos) that they will need to watch before a certification can be marked complete.
You want your new employee to get up to speed quickly and have the training they need to be successful we do too! We are here to help you and your new staff learn the ins and outs of Open Dental, so dont hesitate to reach out when you need us.
How to set up a new employee in Open Dental
- If your new employee will be clocking in/out in Open Dental or added as an assistant in appointments, add them as a new employee in Lists > Employees
- Set your new employee up as a User in Open Dental in Setup > Security > Security Settings.
If your new hire is a provider (Dentist or Hygienist), do this first.
- Add them as a provider. Link them to the appropriate fee schedule (your practice’s default fee schedule will be assigned automatically.) Select their specialty, and if they are a hygienist, be sure to check the “Secondary Provider (Hyg)” check box to avoid claim issues. (If you notice any past providers on the list, you can double-click & mark them hidden. If you get a message that their schedule will be deleted, that’s OK, it’s just going to remove their schedule. Any appointments they may have been assigned to will not be affected.)
- Add them as a user in Open Dental, and be sure to link their provider name under Provider.
- Create a new operatory for them, or assign them to an existing operatory.
- Add the new provider and any newly added operatories to appointment views.
- Set up their schedule.
- If your new provider has different office fees or different insurance reimbursement rates, enter their fees in the appropriate fee schedule(s).
Take these steps to set them up as a new User:
- Assign them to the appropriate user group to make sure they have the permissions they need to do their job (you may set up a new employee user group that restricts them to only a few areas of the program until theyre ready for more).
- If they’ll be clocking in & out, select their employee name under Employee (for timecards).
- If they are a provider, select their provider name under Provider.
- Assign them to a clinic in the Clinics tab if needed.
- Set them up to receive alerts in the Alert Subs tab if needed.
- Check the box to Require Password Reset. When the employee logs into Open Dental for the first time, the system will prompt them to reset their password. For HIPAA Compliance, every user must have their own unique password.
Open Dental is easy to use, and you may start using it right away, but it may take a few weeks to understand all of the basic features well. Advanced planning is essential. The following training resources are available to help you.
Webinars are free online tutorials that cover a variety of topics and are made available to all users.
We offer periodic live webinars that cover the basics of Open Dental, including a review of each module and typical patient flow. Pre-registration is required.
Pre-recorded webinars are available online to review at your convenience. A list of recommended topics is provided on our Webinars page. A full playlist of tutorials can be found on our Youtube channel.
Online Training and Setup
Customers on support and those who have scheduled a final conversion may purchase online training with a certified Open Dental trainer.
- All trainings are confirmed at least 24 hours prior to the appointment. If you have not received a confirmation, and you are within 24 hours of your training appointment, please contact us to confirm.
- Trainings in Spanish may be available upon request. Due to limited resources, these trainings cannot be guaranteed and may be cancelled with short notice.
The following setup is available for offices following a final conversion. Post Conversion Setup is already included in the conversion cost. Setup must be completed within 30 days of the final conversion or a separate fee will apply.
- Post-Conversion Setup - This dedicated setup time is highly recommended for offices who have recently converted to Open Dental. Work with a dedicated Open Dental technician who will help ease the process of acclimating to the software and ensure proper setup which prevents costly mistakes. See our Post-Conversion Checklist for a list of steps that must be completed following a conversion.
Note: If a conversion (or multiple conversions with a merge) results in a single database, only one 2-hour Post Conversion Setup is needed. If a customer has multiple offices that are converting, and each location will have its own database, each location may want to take advantage of a Post Conversion Setup.
The following types of online training are offered for all offices. See Fees for Software, Support, Services for cost.
- Basics - This training includes the same content as the Basics Webinar mentioned above, but the trainer is dedicated only to your office for the duration of the training. The training thoroughly covers patient flow and basic functionality. Basics trainings can be one-on-one or with multiple members of your staff.
- Q&A - This training dedicates time with an Open Dental trainer who will answer a list of questions generated by your office. We recommend sending your questions to us ahead of time so we can organize the session according to your needs. Q&A trainings can be one-on-one or with multiple members of your staff.
Customers on support and those who have scheduled a final conversion may purchase customized on-site trainings.
For costs, see Fees for Software, Support, Services.
- We are unable to provide on-site training in the states of Texas or Louisiana at this time.
- Airfare and potentially other accommodations are non-refundable 24hrs after purchase.
An on-site training by a certified Open Dental trainer can help your entire staff quickly gain proficiency. This is especially valuable for offices who are new to practice management software, larger practices with complex setups, and busy practices with a short ramp-up schedule.
The following steps are required for offices planning an on-site training:
- Contact us at least two weeks in advanced of desired dates as trainer availability may vary.
- Designate a point of contact for your office.
- If converting, schedule a data conversion. Conversions must be completed prior to the on-site training.
- If converting, schedule and complete a post-conversion training. This is required prior to the on-site training.
- Discuss and confirm the training plan with the Open Dental trainer.
- Have Open Dental installed and accessible on all workstations. See our blog post: Installing Open Dental on Workstations.
- Discuss any additional expectations with the Open Dental trainer.
- When on-site training day arrives, enjoy your training!
Additional Tools and Resources
Software training dental open
.Open Dental Ultimate Demo! Charting, Pricing, Scheduling, Ortho, eServices, eRx, TP, and more!
You will also be interested:
- 6 ft type c charger
- Unholy dk rotation
- Walmart smart watch blood pressure
- Daily greatness journal amazon
- Es 335
- Jun sena
- D4d zdoom
- Colorful survival icons
- Russian paratrooper watch
- Townsend hotels
- Philips 4k tv version 9
- Jesus christ superstar cleveland